For a strong winged look, a liquid liner is essential. Once mastered liquid liner can give a dramatic effect. I want to share with you some tips on getting to know your liquid liner. At first it can seem intimidating or daunting, but I promise the end result is beautiful.
- Choose a liquid liner based on your taste. If you see someone with liner you admire, TELL THEM SO. People who share a passion for cosmetics love to share, so don't be shy ask them what brand it is and how they like it.
- Start with an inexpensive liner. A few that I like are Loreal Telescopic Waterproof Eyeliner and Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner. I will share with you a little about both below.
- Once you get your liner home, open it up. Get the feel of the pen or brush. How much product comes out? Is the consistency of the product thin?
- Practice. Practice. Practice. Try a swatch on your hand. How does the liner behave? Does the pen or brush drag? Do you need more than one swipe for desired results?
- A good time to practice is before you take off your makeup at night. Pull out the eyeliner and draw away.
- Don't decide to try your liquid liner on a day you are running late. The end result will not be pretty.
- Relax, it's just liner. Have fun with it. Soon you will be dying to line everyone.